COAST, the Cromer & Sheringham Art & Literary Festival runs from Sat 27 October to Sat 3 November 2012.
Now in its third successive year, COAST is timed to coincide with autumn half-term week. This year there are almost 90 exhibitions and events across Cromer, Sheringham, Overstrand and The Runtons – see www.casaf.co.uk for further details. The festival is run entirely by a small team of dedicated volunteers and, with this volume of activity in just 8 days, the organisers are stretched to the limit.
There are many different ways that you can get more involved in the festival including:
- Distributing publicity material
- Joining the committee or one of the sub-groups for marketing, finance, and programming
- Helping to staff our Festival Hubs (Oddfellows Hall & Cromer Community Hall) (open Sat 27 Oct-Sat 3 Nov, 10am-4pm daily)
- Invigilating exhibitions
- Stewarding events (selling tickets, running the bar, etc)
- Supporting at workshops
- Selling raffle tickets
- Organising/helping at fundraising events and activities (e.g. our forthcoming Bizarre Bazaar on Sat 6 Oct)
- Putting up signage and decorating venues
If you are interested in finding out more, please come along to the getting-to-know-you event on Sunday 23rd September from 2pm at Aylmerton Village Hall. The purpose is to bring together existing committee members with this year’s exhibitors and performers, and any new potential volunteers, which could hopefully include you! Not all work, there will be bowls of chilli (for a small donation to cover costs) and organisers are asking people to bring a bottle.
If you would like to come, or would be interested in getting involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.