John Lewis Norwich
John Lewis Norwich.
All Saints Green, Norwich, NR1 3LX.
Tel: 0844 6931710.
John Lewis in Norwich are getting creative for Charity this month.
From Monday 20 May, John Lewis Norwich Haberdashery department are holding a two week campaign to collect as many knitted hats as they can for premature babies who are cared for in the Norfolk and Norwich Neonatal ward, the hats are always in demand and are vital in helping newborn babies regulate their body temperature.
Free wool and a knitting pattern will be available from the Haberdashery department at John Lewis in Norwich, there is a seated area in the department where customers are more than welcome to knit their hat or alternatively knit it at home. If you’re a novice the John Lewis Rowan consultant Lisa will be on hand on Tuesday’s and Saturday’s to help. Once you’ve completed your hat please hand it into the Haberdashery department by Monday 3rd June, John Lewis will then deliver all the hats to the Neonatal ward for immediate use.
For more information visit the Haberdashery department at John Lewis Norwich.
Inspired by the success of the ‘Great British Sewing Bee’, John Lewis are holding the following DRESSMAKING WORKSHOPS on the following dates:
Thursday 30 May – Learn how to make a simple blouse
Thursday 27 June – Learn how to make a simple pair of trousers
Thursday 1 August – Learn how to make a long summer dress
Workshops are held in the Haberdashery department on the Lower Ground floor and are free, there is no need to book.
The John Lewis Norwich store was previously known as ‘Bonds’, a name under which it traded for 122 years. In-keeping with it’s long-established values such as quality, service and fair pricing, the store offers a great shopping experience over four floors from its central location and the reassurance of the Never Knowingly Undersold policy. Autumn 2011 saw a ‘relaunch’ of the shop after a 7 million pound upgrade was completed.
When visiting the shop look out for;
- The fashion floor, which offers a wide range of top brands including Whistles, Ted Baker, Joules, Warehouse, Fat Face, Jigsaw, Alice Temperley Somerset and many more.
- Don’t miss the Beauty department on the ground floor hosting brands such as Chanel, Lancôme, Clarins, Sisley and the recent addition of skincare specialist Liz Earle. Also the department boasts two beauty rooms so do ask on counter for a full list of treatments available.
- The Audio and TV department is always a popular destination, with free extended guarantees of up to 5 years offered on all TV’s.
John Lewis offers those little extra touches that make shopping pleasant, easy and accessible for all. The store has linked multi-storey parking with a discounted rate for shoppers, an on-site 250-seat restaurant - ‘The Place To Eat’ (the crêpes make an excellent, filling lunch!) as well as the Espresso Bar (perfect for coffee and a slice of cake and you can take away as well), a gift list service (ideal for weddings and christenings) and a Parents Room for Baby changing and feeding.
If you’re into Internet shopping the Johnlewis.com site offers easy and secure purchases at the touch of a button , plus you can also use the free ‘Click and Collect’ service – if you order online before 7pm, you can collect your item from your chosen John Lewis store from 2pm the following day. Superb.
Each department has expert advisors available to assist you when making your purchasing choices:
- Imagine personal fashion advice from a trained fashion advisor.
- Nursery advice for getting those important touches absolutely right.
- There is also the Home Design Service, perfect if you’re planning a complete redesign or a little seasonal refresher, to bring out the very best in your home.
- Curtains, blinds, tracks & poles. Ensure your windows are well-dressed – John Lewis offers three levels of service to suit all budgets and requirements. From convenient ready-mades to a Made To Order Bespoke service – they’ll even do the measuring and fitting for you.
Most of these services are free* and a consultation can be booked through the store.
Open Mon-Weds & Fri 9am-5.30pm, Thur 9am-8pm, Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 10.30am-4.30pm (10am-10.30am for browsing).
John Lewis offer free entry to the car park after 5pm on Thursdays.
*An ‘At Home Consultation’ (not obligatory) as part of the Home Design Service is £200. This is fully refundable against any purchases made.