Found in the heart of Norwich City Centre, the Theatre Royal is generally considered to be East Anglia’s premier theatre. Completely modernised in 2007, Norwich Theatre Royal boasts a spacious foyer, two bars, a restaurant, extra-comfortable seats with additional legroom, lift access to the Circle level and concert hall-standard acoustics.
2008 marked the 250th anniversary of the opening of the first Theatre Royal building, making this one of the oldest continually operating theatres in the UK.
Norwich Theatre Royal presents a high quality mix of musicals, comedy, drama, dance, opera and family shows all year round.
The 2017 programme includes the following highlights:
- Thriller Live (February 2017)
- Matthew Bourne’s The Red Shoes (February 2017)
- Mamma Mia! (Feb – March 2017)
- Goldilocks & The Three Bears (April 2017)
- 10CC 2017 (April 2017)
- Sunny Afternoon (The Kinks Musical) (April 2017)
- Babe the Sheep pig (April 2017)
- The Woman in Black (April 2017)
- That’ll Be The Day (May 2017)
- Reginald D Hunter (June 2017)
- Fantastic Mr Fox (June 2017)
- Agatha Christie’s A Murder is Announced (July 2017)
- Gangsta Granny (July 2017)
- The Curious Incident (August 2017)
- Purple Rain (September 2017)
- Shirley Valentine (September 2017)
Of course, no production calendar would be complete without the the annual extravaganza that is the traditional family pantomime – this year it is Sleeping Beauty, on Wednesday 13th December 2017 – Sunday 14th January 2018.
See information about all shows at the Norwich Theatre Royal.
As well as the great array of performances, the Theatre Royal also offers a range of other activities including drama education and training courses.
Tickets for all performances start at less than £10. To book, just call 01603 630000, pop in or go to www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk to book online.
Norwich Theatre Royal.
Theatre Street, Norwich, NR2 1RL.
Tel: 01603 630000 (Box Office).